Why study with CILEx Law School?
We have close to 4,000 students studying by distance learning at any one time. These include aspiring solicitors, aspiring chartered legal executives, legal support staff, students from many local authorities, government departments and commercial organisations, as well as from CILEx Law School's client organisations such as the Crown Prosecution Service. We are confident that we can give you the skills and knowledge that you need to progress in your chosen career.
Specialists in law and legal practice
We have been delivering legal training since 1983. All our courses are in law or associated subjects, so we are specialists in our field. Everyone you speak to about your course at CILEx Law School will know about law and legal practice. You would expect that of our Academic Team, but our Customer Service Team also study introductory courses so that they have first-hand experience when they talk to you.
What we offer
Our mission is 'to provide effective, high quality and accessible training to meet the needs of those wishing to gain professional or vocational legal qualifications. We strive for professionalism, innovation and flexibility in course delivery, and excellence in customer service'. The key methods by which we have translated that mission into our courses are listed below:
- effective - our coursework varies according to the type of course being studied to ensure that it reflects the style of question that you will meet in your exam. This gives you the best preparation possible to achieve success;
- high quality - we use subject specialists to write and update our course materials and to mark your written study exercises. Our course manuals are updated annually and our CILEx law and practice manuals are complemented by updates in autumn and spring to ensure that your knowledge will be up to date for the January and June exams. In-house editing ensures that materials are laid out and presented in a format that is easy to read and digest.
- accessible - our courses are extremely accessible by the nature of our course format - your course comes to you, rather than the other way round. If you do not have the recommended qualifications for any of our courses then you can start with a lower-level course that will give you the confidence and knowledge to progress.
- professionalism - our academic staff are all law graduates or qualified solicitors. We ensure that we have the right people with the right competencies to do the job. We are committed to staff training to achieve the highest level of service and performance across all departments.
- innovation - we use modern teaching methods to accompany our traditional printed materials. Our Student Area delivers each student's on-line resources through one personalised portal, so you only need to log on once to have the resources for all your courses at your fingertips.
- flexibility - you can start your course at any time of year and proceed at the pace that suits you, whatever your commitments.
- excellence in customer service - we have rigorous customer service standards in place to ensure that we achieve this goal.
To find out more about studying with us, select from the links below:
If you have any queries about studying with CILEx Law School, please do not hesitate to call our Customer Service team on 01234 844300.
To find out how studying with CILEx Law School can help you to realise your goals call us on 01234 844300.
Suzanne de Jarne
CILEx Level 3 student
Very very many thanks for your invaluable support during Level 3. Believe me, I would not have passed the exams if it were not for the excellent support and advice that I have received during my studies. ... read full