Are you worried about the cost of university?
With increased tuition fees, many prospective students are looking for alternatives to university. Distance learning is an excellent way of reducing university costs. You can still obtain a good degree in law without attending a full-time university course.
The options we have enable you to:
- study from home by distance learning so that you avoid paying rent
- pay much lower course fees than for a full-time degree course
- earn money alongside your studies so that you can offset your maintenance costs
- seek employment in the legal profession alongside your studies, so that you gain experience while you learn.
We have a number of options to study law for you to select from, all of which offer a fantastic alternative to enrolling on a full-time degree course.
The new legal services apprenticeships are a really exciting alternative to the traditional route into law.
What are the options?
- The University of London (International Programmes) LL.B leads to the award of a prestigious degree from a world-renowned university. It can be used as the first stage of training to become a lawyer or in the same way as any other academically-demanding degree from a top university.
- The LLB in Legal Practice is a law degree with a difference. It enables you to combine essential legal knowledge with practical legal skills while gaining a valuable law degree from City University. Developed jointly by The City Law School, part of City University London, and CILEx Law School, the degree is taught via supported distance learning, so you can study from anywhere in the UK. Find out more about the City University London LLB (Hons) in Legal Practice.
- If you are thinking about a professional career in law – perhaps eventually becoming a partner in a law firm – then you could start studying immediately for the professional exams leading to qualification as a Chartered Legal Executive lawyer through the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives. Find out what courses you need for the first stage of training. These courses lead to a professional qualification as a lawyer rather than a law degree. Read testimonials from students who have chosen the CILEx route instead of a law degree.
- Law firms are increasingly recruiting young people as school leavers to become the lawyers of the future, and developing them through the new legal apprenticeship schemes. These apprenticeships offer a really exciting opportunity for bright young school leavers to get into a professional environment without incurring the cost of a university education. Find out about becoming a legal apprentice.
For advice on which study option is the best one for you call our Customer Service Team on 01234 844300.
To find out how studying with CILEx Law School can help you to realise your goals call us on 01234 844300.
Kerry Critchlow Level 3 student
I completed my work experience at Cooper Sons Hartley and Williams assisting their receptionist for two weeks whilst I was in year 10 at secondary school. ... read full