CILEx Level 2 Award in Legal Studies - £345
The courses leading to this qualification will give you an introduction to legal study. Courses are set at approximately GCSE level.
Who is this qualification for?
The courses leading to this qualification are suitable:
- If you are a legal secretary or legal administrator and wish to gain some understanding of the context of your work;
- If you wish to start studying law with a view to working as a paralegal in a file-handling role and you do not have the minimum recommended academic requirements to embark on the CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice. The courses leading to the CILEx Level 2 Award in Legal Studies will give you a good introduction to legal study and will give you the confidence to progress to the next stage;
- if you are a legal secretary studying the CILEx Level 2 Diploma for Legal Secretaries;
- if you are a legal secretary studying the CILEx Level 3 Diploma for Legal Secretaries.
What will I study?
To achieve the Award you must pass Unit 201/211 The Legal Environment, and one further unit from the list of subjects below:
- Unit 202/212 Principles of criminal liability
- Unit 203/213 Principles of contract liability
- Unit 204/214 Principles of negligence
- Unit 205/215 Law in the workplace
- Unit 206/216 Civil litigation
- Unit 207/217 Consumer rights
- Unit 208/218 Family law
- Unit 209/219 Wills and succession
- Unit 210/227 Conveyancing
When you enrol with CILEx Law School you will receive the course materials. The compulsory unit on the Legal Environment is assessed by a multiple choice test. The other units are assessed by a written assignment made up of practical tasks. Your CILEx Law School tutor will mark your assignments and advise CILEx of your mark. All assessments will need to be supervised.
Your course is valid for one year and you must complete the assignments for all modules within this period.
CILEx Law School is approved by CILEx for the delivery of these qualifications.
Once you have completed your Level 2 Award in Legal Studies you may wish to consider studying for a CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice, which is a higher-level paralegal qualification. The Certificate in Law and Practice also contributes towards the first stage of chartered legal executive training - the CILEx Level 3 Professional Diploma in Law and Practice.
Apply now on-line or print off and complete the course enrolment form below, and submit by post or fax. Enrolment applications can also be taken by telephone on 01234 844300.
Download: Application form