Accessibility and policies
Below, you will find our accessiblity, personal data and environmental policies.
We invite you to view the CILEx Group Single Equality and Diversity Scheme and Action Plan.
CILEx Law School is committed to the provision of accessible learning and wishes to support all students in their studies. To this end, we will make reasonable adjustments in accordance with section 29 of the Equality Act 2010 and the associated Code of Practice on Services, Public Functions and Associations.
All CILEx Law School students who disclose a disability, health condition or learning difficulty will be contacted by a member of Learner Support, who will discuss the student’s needs and create a mutually agreed Learner Support Plan.
If you are a prospective student and wish to discuss the reasonable adjustments that CILEx Law School may be able to make to assist you in your studies, please contact Rudy Denton on 01234 844 310.
This web site has been produced in accordance with current accessibility guidelines. Should you encounter any difficulty accessing content within this site, please send your suggestions to IT@cilexlawschool.ac.uk .
Use of personal data
By using the CILEx Law School website, course shop and our Student Area, you consent to the use of data as indicated in our cookies policy.
Enrolling with us
This site provides you with the opportunity to download a variety of application forms in pdf format. Personal data you provide on these forms, and on any transaction made through the course shop, will be used according to the 'use of data' clause in the terms and conditions for the course you are applying for, or publication you are ordering. These vary depending on the nature of your transaction. For example, we offer some courses with partner organisations, and in these circumstances the clause allows for sharing with those partner organisations. The terms and conditions can be found on the PDF application form and also on the relevant page on the course shop.
Information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will not be released to third parties for marketing purposes.
Contacting CILEx Law School
The directors and senior management team at CILEx Law School (CILEx Law School) recognise that our business has an impact on the environment. We are committed to continuous improvement in the company’s environmental performance. Environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice are regarded as setting the minimum standards of environmental performance. Our policy in environmental matters is:
- To consider the environmental impacts of our products, and to continually reduce the environmental impact through our sourcing of raw materials.
- To conserve resources through efficient use, and by progressively improving heating and lighting systems, investing in energy efficient copiers, IT and electrical equipment, and by ensuring that all building work undertaken has the concept of environmental responsibility as a central issue within the working brief.
- To adopt a sustainable waste management policy by recycling materials wherever possible.
- To minimise waste, especially hazardous waste, and to dispose of all waste through safe and responsible methods.
- To work with our suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation.
- To implement our policies through guidelines and training.
Our progress to date
We have moved from PVC to biodegradable polypropylene for our course binders. The paper that we use in our course manuals is from renewable forests and bleached with non-chloride bleach. We recycle all office paper and print cartridges after use. Obsolete computers and other hardware are passed on to charities for use in developing countries. We use a distributor for sending out our course materials with a published environmental statement.