Our fee structures and flexible course design ensure that you have the support you need at an affordable cost. We appreciate that you may be working either full-time or part-time to fund your studies, so all our courses are offered in a flexible format that allows you to fit your learning around your other commitments.

How do we help?

Instalment options on all course fees are available, which allow payment to be spread over a three-month period. Full details are given on the individual course application forms which can be downloaded from the course pages. Sometimes you may find it less expensive to enrol on several courses at once: for example enrolling for the five units leading to a CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice is less expensive than for the five separate courses. Visit our packages page for more information.

Available funding sources

Professional and Career Development Loans are commercial bank loans that can be used to help pay for work-related learning. You can borrow between £300 and £10,000 to help support the cost of up to two years of learning (or three years if it includes one year’s relevant unpaid practical work). The Government will pay the interest on the loan while you are learning and for one month afterwards. You will then need to start repaying the loan as you would any other commercial loans product. The loan can be used to pay course fees or other costs such as travel and living expenses. You can also use the loan to supplement other forms of support such as grants or bursaries.

As the Professional and Career Development Loan is a commercial loan product, you should make sure you have investigated all the funding options that may be open to you to ensure you take an informed decision about whether the loan is right for you. For further information on financial assistance to support your learning visit this page or contact the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900. Our learning provider registration number is 1816.

Support from your employer

Many of our students are sponsored in their studies by their employer. If you are being supported in this way, we can enrol you on a course and send an invoice to your employer.

Even if you have not been put forward for your selected courses by your employer, it may well be worth asking if some assistance is available. Often organisations with Investors in People status may have funds that can be accessed for relevant training.

When you ask your employer for funding, it is always best to put a brief business case forward. State how the course will help you as an employee and what benefits the employer would receive in turn. Might you be doing more fee-earning? If that’s in civil litigation, a law firm could charge out your time under the summary assessment of costs rates. Will you be able to negotiate more effectively on the telephone through having done the CILEx Level 6 Client Care Skills unit? Try to express what value you can add to your organisation by doing the course.

Retrain after a career in the forces

We are an approved learning provider under the MOD’s Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC or ELCAS) for service personnel. Our courses provide a great resettlement opportunity for anyone interested in studying law.

Have you considered an apprenticeship?

If you find an employer who is interested in enrolling staff on one of the new apprenticeship schemes, you may have your qualification fully or partly paid for, depending on your prior qualifications.