If you are looking to train personnel to work in employment matters then we have a number of courses to choose from, depending on the current level of knowledge of the prospective student.
This area of legal practice benefits from one of the new legal apprenticeship standards:
The programme is designed to deliver the knowledge, skills and behaviour to meet the Paralegal Apprenticeship Standard. It is aimed at school leavers who have the maturity to study law and possess good written English, paralegals or other current employees in administration or customer service who have the potential for development and those who have already completed an intermediate apprenticeship.
Supported distance learning courses
For those staff who do not qualify for apprenticeship funding, courses are shown in the table below:
- Level 2 is equivalent to GCSE level
- Level 3 is equivalent to A level
- Level 6 is equivalent to honours-degree level for law courses or LPC-level for legal practice courses.
All courses are delivered by supported distance learning. Follow the links to find out more about the courses including course duration, number of anticipated study hours and the materials, online resources and support available.
Select the current role of the person you would like to develop:
Outcome: ability to progress standard files under supervision.
- CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice (Employment Practice): Competent file handler, including client contact. This is a recognised paralegal qualification on the National Qualifications Framework.
Outcome: ability to progress files and to liaise with clients
- CILEx Graduate Fast-track Diploma: This is the qualification to convert law graduates to Graduate Members of CILEx.
Outcome: deploy to employment department following re-training
- CILEx Level 6 Unit 4 Employment Law
- CILEx Level 6 Unit 19 The Practice of Employment Law
- CILEx Level 3 unit 06 Employment Law
- CILEx Level 3 unit 13 Employment Practice
The Level 6 courses give in-depth/LPC-level knowledge.
Outcome: more proficient legal secretary/ administrator
Outcome: understanding the context of their legal secretarial/ administrative work
- CILEx Level 2 Certificate in Legal Studies with Unit 205 Law in the Workplace as elective subject: background knowledge – not at file-handling level