Working with us
CILEx Law School is a distance-learning law school specialising in flexible legal training for the last 35 years. We are wholly owned by the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We have an internal and external team which is dedicated to providing excellent course delivery and great customer care. If you share this ethos, we would like to hear from you.
CILEx Law School is one of the leading providers of vocational and workplace legal education. We are growing our apprenticeship provision, and are looking to hire legal assessor/trainers based at home with travel in or around London.
This is a great chance to join our busy and friendly team delivering the following programmes: Intermediate Apprenticeship in Legal Administration/Business Administration (Level 2), Advanced Apprenticeship in Legal Services (Level 3) and the Paralegal and Chartered Legal Executive Standards.
You will be qualified to CILEx Level 6/degree level and have at least two years’ legal practice experience in any area. You will be a confident IT user. Post GCSE teaching or lecturing experience is desirable. An assessor qualification is also desirable, but not essential as we will provide our own in-house training. You will have excellent time management skills that will enable you to meet targets.
The number of days per week will be agreed with the Apprenticeship Manager on appointment. CLS standard core working hours are 8.45 am – 5 pm Monday – Thursday, and 9 am – 4 pm on Friday. Some flexibility is required and will be in agreement with the Apprenticeship Manager, but may be subject to change in accordance with business needs.
A driver’s licence valid in the UK, vehicle and reliable internet connection are essential. This role will be subject to a DBS check.
- You will be a law graduate and/or a Chartered Legal Executive/solicitor/barrister
- A minimum of two years’ legal practice experience in any area
- Deliver learning support to legal apprentices at levels 2, 3 and 6 by telephone, remotely and, where necessary, in-house or at CLS venues.
- Assess, where appropriate, and track the competency of legal apprentices, to include embedding of skills.
- Promote a good working relationship with legal apprentices, the CLS team and employers.
Knowledge to be acquired:
- Legal apprenticeships and business admin apprenticeships
- CILEx qualification including qualifying employment
- CILEX’s CPD requirements
- Use of OneFile
- Online Student Area (Moodle)
- Subjects/pathways offered
Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
- Law graduate, CILEx qualifications, solicitor, barrister
- Demonstrable ability to mentor learners
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting the welfare of learners
- A minimum of two years’ legal practice experience in any area
- Excellent oral clarity & written communication skills
- Capable of organising and prioritising own workload
- Credible with students and training managers
- Able to empathise with students of all ages and from a variety of backgrounds
- IT literate- able to create documents and presentations using Excel, Word, Power Point
- Clean driving licence and car owner
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of customer service excellence in both written and verbal communication
- Assessing experience (TAQA qualification or equivalent held)
- Experience of teaching Level 3 CILEx/A level Law and/or CILEx Level 6 in further education, with experience of teaching 16 to 24 year olds
- A knowledge of latest trends in the education and legal sectors
- Experience of student counselling
- Experience of using e-learning in law (OneFile/Moodle)
For further information or to apply please download a job description and application form from http://www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk/about_us/working_with_us or telephone Debbie Moore, HR Assistant on (01234) 844354.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 9 October 2019
Please send CV to email@example.com
To find out more information about the courses CLS offers please refer to: http://www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk/Employers/Legal_apprenticeships/Introduction
This role will be subject to a DBS check.
Conditions of employment are excellent with generous pension contributions, holiday entitlements, and training opportunities.
No agencies please.
Legal Skills Tutor Full-time Kempston Based
Salary up to £32,640 (depending on experience)
Who we are
CILEx Law School is a leading distance learning law school with approximately 4,000 students studying with us at any one time. We are specialists in legal training; our students include those aspiring to be Chartered Legal Executives, solicitors, paralegals, legal support staff, legal secretaries and legal administrators. Our mission is to provide effective, high quality and accessible training to meet the needs of those wishing to gain professional or vocational legal qualifications.
We are currently recruiting for a Legal Skills Tutor to join our busy and friendly Academic Team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to further their career in a legal training environment. The post holder will form part of a team involved in developing materials and providing academic support for distance learning students across a diverse range of law and practice courses. The role will be legal skills focused, involving the co-ordination and quality assurance of our skills courses. The post will involve occasional teaching either face to face or via web-conferencing.
What we’re looking for
- You will be qualified to CILEx Level 6/degree level
- Ideally, you will have both legal practice experience in any area and post GCSE teaching or lecturing experience
- You will be a confident IT user
- You will have excellent time management skills that will enable you to meet targets
What we can offer
- An excellent opportunity to really make a difference to our legal skills training function
- Generous Annual Leave Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health & Wellbeing – you’ll be invited to join activities on the wellbeing calendar to improve your overall health and lifestyle
- Access to our training and development Learning Hub
What happens next
For further information or to apply please download a job description and application form from https://www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk/about/working-with-us/ or telephone Nosisa Mutiti, HR Assistant on (01234) 844350.
CLS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role will be subject to a DBS check.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 9th October 2019
Interviews to be held Tuesday, 15th October 2019
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
CILEx Law School (CLS) often has opportunities for freelance tutors for our CILEx subjects as well as out customised training courses. The role involves marking and providing feedback on students’ assignments electronically. Senior tutors can also become involved in writing and updating the materials we use to deliver courses to our students. Those with lecturing experience may be interested in our series of face-to-face revision days and online webinar tutoring.
As a tutor, it is essential that you have the following:
- A law qualification to degree level, which includes Graduate Membership of CILEx
- Experience of marking
- Up-to-date legal knowledge of the law subjects that you mark
- Excellent written communication skills
- Computer literacy
A teaching qualification in further or higher education is desirable, although applicants without such a qualification but with teaching and/or training experience will still be considered. We would particularly welcome applications from current legal practitioners with some teaching or training experience.
We agree a workload to suit the circumstances of individual tutors so that this role can be performed around other work and/or domestic commitments.
You will be provided with all relevant course materials and tutor mark schemes. You will also receive a copy of the CILEx Journal. Our Academic Team will also provide you with ongoing support.
These programmes are similar to the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Legal Administration but do not require workplace visits.
- Level 6 Legal Research
For the above vacancy, please send your CV and application form to Ruby Denton.
Telephone: 01234 844310
Fax: 01234 841373
CILEx Law School frequently offers opportunities for freelance authors to write new texts or update and review existing texts, as our course manuals and study materials are revised annually.
CILEx Law School’s manuals and revision materials cover a wide range of academic and legal practice subjects, such as Criminal Law, Criminal Litigation, Family Law, Family Practice, Employment Law and Employment Practice.
Authors must have experience of academic writing. Teaching experience is also an advantage, and authors of practice manuals should have experience of legal practice.
Our authors are provided with detailed author’s guidelines, support and guidance from CILEx Law School’s editorial team. Samples of the layout of our manuals are available here. We also offer our authors access to the LexisNexis legal resource database and a copy of the CILEx Journal. There are networking opportunities with fellow tutors and authors at occasional CILEx Law School workshops.
If you are interested, please complete the application form below and send it by email to Edward Stone, together with a covering letter indicating which area(s) of law and/or legal practice you would be able to cover.
- Commercial Law
NB The above vacancies relate to the law of England and Wales only.
Telephone: 01234 844315