Working with us
CILEx Law School is a distance-learning law school specialising in flexible legal training for the last 35 years. We are wholly owned by the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We have an internal and external team which is dedicated to providing excellent course delivery and great customer care. If you share this ethos, we would like to hear from you.
- Apprenticeship Compliance Co-Ordinator (Temporary – 3 Months)
- Full-time – (3 month contract)
- Kempston, Bedfordshire (Home working till further notice)
- £20,000 pro rata
- Closing date for applications: 5 July 2020
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprenticeship Compliance Co-ordinator (Temporary position) to join our busy and friendly team. Working with our Senior Compliance Assurer, and other Apprenticeship professional across our business, co-ordinating apprenticeship data, to include accurate data entry, tracking and reporting.
What we’re looking for
- Check and input apprentice data ensuring compliance with applicable Funding Rules and data protection requirements
- Run performance reports from management information system (PICS)
- Assist with collation and reconciliation of invoice and finance information
- Be responsible for the administration of withdrawals and completions, including:
- checking that records are compliant with Funding Rules
- correspondence with learner and employer
- updating relevant systems
- updating staff
- Assist with internal audits to ensure ESFA compliance is being met
- Assist with the production and issuing of employer paperwork
- Complete, issue and track apprenticeship documentation
- Communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain auditable processes to ensure compliance. This includes working through ESFA reports and data queries and updating relevant systems in line with requirements.
- Assist with CLS enrolments by sending routine correspondence to apprentices and employers
- Track, check and log enrolment information and chase applicants for information where necessary to assist the timely flow of the enrolment process
- Contact applicants by phone to check information relating to eligibility
- Notify promptly the Senior Apprenticeship Administrator of any learners with Learner support requirements
- Assist in compiling and distributing new starter information to delivery team
- Deliver a high level of customer service in both written and verbal communication
- Deliver customer service in line with Customer Service Standards
- Undertake training consistent with developing skills relevant to those duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required from time to time.
Who we are
CILEx Law School is a leading distance learning law school with more than 4,000 students studying with us at any one time. We are specialists in legal training and our student include those aspiring to be solicitors, chartered legal executives, paralegals, legal support staff, legal secretaries and legal administrators. We provide high quality training at a reasonable cost to our learners and are committed to promoting equality and diversity.
What we can offer
- Generous Annual Leave Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health & Wellbeing – you’ll be invited to join activities on the wellbeing calendar to improve your overall health and lifestyle
- Access to our training and development Learning Hub
What happens next
For further information or to apply please download a job description and application form from https://www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk/about_us/working_with_us or telephone Hannah West, HR & Recruitment Administrator on 01234 844327
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
CILEx Law School (CLS) often has opportunities for freelance tutors for our CILEx subjects as well as out customised training courses. The role involves marking and providing feedback on students’ assignments electronically. Senior tutors can also become involved in writing and updating the materials we use to deliver courses to our students. Those with lecturing experience may be interested in our series of face-to-face revision days and online webinar tutoring.
As a tutor, it is essential that you have the following:
- A law qualification to degree level, which includes Graduate Membership of CILEx
- Experience of marking
- Up-to-date legal knowledge of the law subjects that you mark
- Excellent written communication skills
- Computer literacy
A teaching qualification in further or higher education is desirable, although applicants without such a qualification but with teaching and/or training experience will still be considered. We would particularly welcome applications from current legal practitioners with some teaching or training experience.
We agree a workload to suit the circumstances of individual tutors so that this role can be performed around other work and/or domestic commitments.
You will be provided with all relevant course materials and tutor mark schemes. You will also receive a copy of the CILEx Journal. Our Academic Team will also provide you with ongoing support.
These programmes are similar to the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Legal Administration but do not require workplace visits.
- Currently no vacancies
- Unit 16 Practice of Company and Partnership Law
For the above vacancy, please send your CV and application form to Richard Brant at email@example.com
CILEx Law School frequently offers opportunities for freelance authors to write new texts or update and review existing texts, as our course manuals and study materials are revised annually.
CILEx Law School’s manuals and revision materials cover a wide range of academic and legal practice subjects, such as Criminal Law, Criminal Litigation, Family Law, Family Practice, Employment Law and Employment Practice.
Authors must have experience of academic writing. Teaching experience is also an advantage, and authors of practice manuals should have experience of legal practice.
Our authors are provided with detailed author’s guidelines, support and guidance from CILEx Law School’s editorial team. Samples of the layout of our manuals are available here. We also offer our authors access to the LexisNexis legal resource database and a copy of the CILEx Journal. There are networking opportunities with fellow tutors and authors at occasional CILEx Law School workshops.
If you are interested, please complete the application form below and send it by email to Edward Stone, together with a covering letter indicating which area(s) of law and/or legal practice you would be able to cover.
- Company and Partnership Practice
NB The above vacancies relate to the law of England and Wales only.
Telephone: 01234 844315
The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) provides a great working environment as well as excellent conditions of employment:
- Pension Scheme: you will be contractually enrolled in the employers Group Personal Pension Scheme from the date you join the organisation.
- Employee Assistance Programme: following completion of three months service the Company will pay your subscription to the Employee Assistance Programme which provides a cost contribution towards some routine health treatments. We now offer access to EAP for staff members who join CILEx.
- Annual Leave: generous annual leave entitlement, additionally you will be allowed leave on Public and Bank holidays. Annual leave and Public/Bank holidays are calculated on a pro rata basis for part-time staff.
- Life Assurance: you will become a member of the Company’s Group Life Assurance Scheme after completion of three-month service.
- Health & Wellbeing: as part of our wellbeing calendar we are introducing activities in the work place such as Mindfulness Sessions as an introduction to a better way of living. We also have a new free fruit initiative, whereby we offer fresh fruit to all staff on Tuesdays as well as free massages for staff. (Massage dates vary)
- Social Club: organises group activities throughout the year.
- Training and Development: the Organisation welcomes opportunities to develop its staff in line with Company policy.
- Car Leasing: we offer staff the ability to lease a new car at a discounted cost via the Affinity Car Scheme.
- Gym: we offer gym membership discounts via Pure Gym and My Gym discounts.
Working for CILEx
We believe we have a great team here, committed to looking after the interests of our members. We are continually looking to add to that team – and who knows it could be you!