Business development and marketing courses
If you have staff who are responsible for business development and marketing but are not experienced in the field, our introductory courses provide them with an excellent start. These distance learning courses are specially written for the legal sector.
Who are the courses for?
Students will learn about the principles and tactics of marketing and business development. The courses are also designed to help practitioners identify the areas where they need specialist marketing help, and what to look for when hiring specialist assistance. Unlike many such courses, these have been written with legal service employers in mind.
This is a cost-effective way of ensuring that each marketing pound is spent to best effect if you:
- have responsibility for marketing within a law firm or other legal services organisation
- own a law business and need to understand the principles of marketing
- have responsibility for business development and want to engage with the client base.
After studying this course learners will be able to:
- Set marketing objectives
- Develop initiatives to meet those objectives
- Confidently brief specialist agencies
- Evaluate the success of marketing activities
- Grow your business
There are three available courses. We recommend that students with no marketing background should start with the first module before progressing to the others:
The courses are available for one year from the date of enrolment, but you should expect to complete them in around six months. The course resources are listed below and you will use a fictitious firm profiled in the assignments to carry out a series of marketing tasks.
The course fee includes marking and comment on your assignments from a specialist tutor.
Course resources for each module:
- Course Manual: A CLS Course Manual written specially to deliver the syllabus.
- Student Area: This is a personalised virtual learning environment where you have access to your course page and assignments.
- Assignment: The assignment for each course is designed to test your knowledge. It is split into a number of questions where you will be asked to apply your knowledge to different scenarios. Once completed, you submit your work to your personal tutor for marking and comment. The mark for the assignment is the result for the module.
All CILEx Law School students must have access to a computer. Internet access and a personal email address are also essential. A specification is given here.
These courses are certificated by CILEx Law School – they are not examined by CILEx and do not contribute towards any CILEx qualification. The modules are assessed by assignments submitted to CILEx Law School for marking. There is no exam. CILEx Law School will provide a Certificate of Completion for each module to students who have passed the assignment.