If you are looking to train personnel to work in criminal litigation then we have a number of supported distance learning courses to choose from, depending on the current level of knowledge of the prospective student.
Our distance learning courses
Courses are shown below:
- Level 2 is equivalent to GCSE level
- Level 3 is equivalent to A level
- Level 6 is equivalent to honours-degree level for law courses or LPC-level for legal practice courses.
All courses are delivered by supported distance learning. Follow the links to find out more about the courses including course duration, number of anticipated study hours and the materials, online resources and support available.
Select the current role of the person you would like to develop:
Outcome: ability to progress standard files under supervision.
- CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice (Criminal Litigation): Competent file handler, including client contact. This is a recognised paralegal qualification on the National Qualifications Framework.
Outcome: ability to progress files and to liaise with clients
- CILEx Graduate Fast-track Diploma: this is the qualification to convert law graduates to Graduate Members of CILEx.
Outcome: re-train to deploy to criminal departments
- CILEx Level 6 Unit 03 Criminal Law
- CILEx Level 6 Unit 18 Criminal Litigation
- CILEx Level 3 Unit 03 Criminal Law
- CILEx Level 3 Unit 11 Criminal Litigation
The Level 6 courses give in-depth LPC-level knowledge. The Level 3 courses are of A-level standard.
Outcome: more proficient legal secretary/ administrator
Outcome: understanding the context of their legal secretarial/ administrative work
- CILEx Level 2 Certificate in Legal Studies: background knowledge – not at file-handling level