If you are looking to train personnel to work in the probate department then we have a number of courses to choose from, depending on the current level of knowledge of the prospective student.
This area of legal practice benefits from one of the new legal apprenticeship standards:
The programme is designed to deliver the knowledge, skills and behaviour to meet the Paralegal Apprenticeship Standard. It is aimed at school leavers who have the maturity to study law and possess good written English, paralegals or other current employees in administration or customer service who have the potential for development and those who have already completed an intermediate apprenticeship.
Supported distance learning courses
Courses are shown in the table below:
- Level 2 is equivalent to GCSE level
- Level 3 is equivalent to A level
- Level 6 is equivalent to honours-degree level for law courses or LPC-level for legal practice courses.
All courses are delivered by supported distance learning. Follow the links to find out more about the courses including course duration, number of anticipated study hours and the materials, online resources and support available.
Select who you would like to train for recommended courses:
Outcome: ability to progress standard files under supervision.
- CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice (Probate Practice): competent file handler, including client contact. This is a recognised paralegal qualification on the National Qualifications Framework.
Outcome: ability to progress files and to liaise with clients
- CILEx Graduate Fast-track Diploma: this is the qualification to convert law graduates to Graduate Members of CILEx.
Outcome: re-train to deploy to private client department
- CILEx Level 6 Unit 14 Law of Wills and Succession
- CILEx Level 6 Unit 21 Probate Practice
- CILEx Level 3 unit 08 Wills and Succession
- CILEx Level 3 unit 14 Probate Practice
The Level 6 courses give in-depth/LPC-level knowledge.
Outcome: more proficient legal secretary/ administrator
Outcome: understanding the context of their legal secretarial/ administrative work
- CILEx Level 2 Certificate in Legal Studies with Unit 209 Wills and Succession as elective subject: background knowledge – not at file-handling level