A M Davies
- Programme: Paralegal Apprenticeship
- Location: Harrogate
- Salary: £13,000
- Employment start date: October 2019
- Programme start date: January 2020
- Minimum requirements: 5-8 GCSE grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English and 3 A levels at grade C or above
2 Sep 2019
Our legal apprentice will be working with our probate partner Jeremy Clough under the supervision of our managing partner Angela Davies, in this husband and wife firm. Our aim is to give the successful candidate the same start to a career in law that Jeremy had when he left school, leading to genuine expertise in probate, estate administration, wills and all elderly client work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work with Jeremy Clough within the Probate Department, including attending interviews with clients and liaising with our introducers and will writer.
- To make and receive telephone calls so as to provide updates of information to relevant parties as required.
- To prepare and process correspondence (email and post) and documents (wills, powers of attorney, HMRC forms and estate accounts).
- To assist with the preparation and collation of will and power of attorney instructions.
- To manage paperwork and ensure that an effective filing system is maintained.
- To assist with the dispatch of outgoing correspondence and enclosures.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of the firm’s and client documentation and information.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so.
- To learn and practice excellence in client relations.
- To learn and practice compliance with professional regulations and standards.
The ideal candidate will have the confidence to deal with various individuals and groups. You will be supported to undertake recognised qualifications whilst gaining invaluable on-the-job experience. You will need to be reliable, adaptable, conscientious, able to work to instructions, self-motivated, willing to learn, and above all meticulous in your accuracy with words and figures.
Hours per week: 35 hours
Expected Length of apprenticeship: 2 years