Francis George Solicitor-Advocate Ltd.
- Programme: Paralegal Apprenticeship
- Location: Swindon
- Salary: £13.5k per annum
- Minimum requirements: 3 A-Levels at grade C or above + GCSE English and GCSE Maths at grade C /4 or above
22 May 2019
As a legal apprentice you will be exposed to a wide variety of legal work focusing on Civil Litigation or Conveyancing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work with fee earners within the Civil Litigation Department or Property Department.
- To make and receive telephone calls providing updates of information to relevant parties as required.
- To prepare and process correspondence and documents including letters, attendance notes.
- To assist with the preparation and collation of correspondence.
- To ensure that an effective filing system is maintained,.
- To assist with the dispatch of outgoing correspondence and enclosures.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of the firm’s and client documentation and information
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so.
- Opening and closing files
- Legal research
- Diary Management
- Attending meetings and court hearings and taking accurate notes
- Printing and photocopying
- Updating case management system
- Drafting invoices
The ideal candidate should have the confidence to deal with various individuals and groups and have excellent communication skills.
You will need to be a team player, reliable, adaptable, conscientious, and able to work to instructions and using your own initiative.
In addition you will need the skills for in-depth legal research and analysis, be able to prioritise and have strong written skills.
We are not expecting you to necessarily have all these skills and qualities though we will want to see a willingness and commitment to learning and development which we will continue to fully support with CILEx during the 2 year programme.
After qualification as a paralegal we would consider supporting the successful candidate through the Solicitors Apprenticeship Programme or the Chartered Legal Executive Qualification.