Horwich Farrelly Solicitors
- Programme: Business Administration Apprenticeship
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £13,500 p/a increasing to £15,500 in final year
- Minimum requirements: 8 GCSE grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English. Desirable, 3 A-levels at grade C or above.
30 Jun 2019
We have places available in our London office for our apprenticeship programme incorporating study towards Level 3 in Business Administration. You will gain key skills including file administration, legal terminology and data entry. Rotate across legal support departments including File Inception, Case Administration and Call Handling, Opportunities for permanent roles on successful completion of the apprenticeship scheme.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
We have places available for our apprenticeship program incorporating study towards Level 3 in Business Administration. You will gain key skills including file administration, legal terminology and data entry. You will rotate across legal support departments including File Inception, Case Administration and Call Handling. There will then be opportunities for permanent roles on successful completion of the apprenticeship scheme.
Horwich Farrelly is a successful niche practice operating predominantly in the Insurance defendant litigation field. Horwich Farrelly has been undertaking a range of work for clients for a number of years in areas such as fraud, recoveries, credit hire, motor & casualty and costs. The firm has a great reputation due to their specialist industry experience.
Horwich Farrelly believes in the value of its people and has a strong reputation for developing and nurturing employees. The Legal Support Team is a great place to work and learn on the job. You will be introduced to all elements of legal support within a busy law firm, developing an understanding of professional behaviours and responsibilities, how to be flexible and adaptable, and to grow in confidence and skillset. We will provide you with a strong grounding and knowledge base to progress your career within Horwich Farrelly.
The basic purpose of the job and its primary objectives:
- Your course will be provided by CILEx Law School in Business Administration. The course will run for 21-24 months and Apprentices will spend the majority of their time within the business with some offsite study time at CILEx Law School.
- As a Legal Support Apprentice you will be required to provide general administration support to a high standard and accuracy, ensuring deadlines and targets are met.
As part of your Apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to spend time on rotation across each of the legal departments within the London office, providing a variety of administrative support. You will be required to undertake tasks which could include:
- Sorting and handling daily post
- Filing and scanning
- Preparing new files for all departments
- Liaising with clients, courts and third parties by telephone or email
- Preparing nomination letters
- Managing email and outlook
- Working within our case management system
- Reception cover and front of house service
- Greeting clients
- Preparing and booking meeting rooms.
- Dealing with travel requests and bookings
- Preparing files for closure
- Labelling scanned post items
- Preparing invoices
Within each department you will receive full training and develop an in-depth knowledge to enable you to undertake all administrative duties as required. You will be flexible and be able to adapt to any given business need. You will be expected to:
- Use all office equipment efficiently & competently.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all firm and client documentation and information in compliance with DPA requirements.