- Programme: Paralegal Apprenticeship
- Location: Sheffield
- Salary: £16,289.00
- Minimum requirements: 5 GCSEs (grades A*-C or 9-4) or equivalents including Maths and English AND 3 A levels (grades A* – C) or equivalents
19 Jul 2019
We have a dedicated and experienced team who specialise in all matters relating to the Court of Protection. Our expert team is the largest in the country and can assist your clients in all Court of Protection matters.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take initial instructions from clients and to advise after consultation with the supervising solicitor as appropriate on the legal action and all alternatives, as appropriate, open to the client.
- To keep the client informed as required by the firm’s and department’s set procedures.
- To run the files allocated in accordance with the firm’s and department’s set procedures.
- To attend conferences with Counsel/court and represent the firm and client as required.
- To meet all cost/fee targets where set.
- To meet on a regular basis with the person to whom the post holder reports to review cases and any other matters relevant to the post holder’s position. To report to the post holder’s supervisor immediately any difficulties being experienced, in particular, those which may lead to a negligence action being taken against the firm and/or a complaint from a client via the Office of Supervision of Solicitors and/or the firm’s complaints procedure.
- Complete the four modules of the apprenticeship; Introduction to law and practice, law and legal research skills, legal practice and client care skills and workplace skills in order to satisfactorily complete your CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice.
The ideal candidate will have the confidence to deal with various individuals and groups. You will be supported to undertake recognised qualifications whilst gaining invaluable on-the-job experience. You will need to be a team player, reliable, adaptable, conscientious, and able to work to instructions.