- Programme: Business Administration Apprenticeship
- Location: London
- Salary: £18,928
- Minimum requirements: 5 GCSEs (grades A*-C or 9-4) or equivalents including Maths and English AND 3 A levels (grades A* – C) or equivalents
30 Jun 2019
Why should I apply?
To assist the partners in providing quality legal advice and other legal services to the firm’s clients.
To contribute to the overall profitability of the firm, with particular reference to providing efficient, cost effective work and contributing to practice development through marketing and selling strategies in accordance with the firm’s relevant policies.
What work will I be doing? What duties and responsibilities will I have?
Serious Injury – We represent clients who have sustained brain, spinal and serious orthopaedic injuries, including limb amputations and cases arising out of fatal accidents.
Due to the seriousness and severity of the injuries, we have Client Liaison Management professionals from non-legal backgrounds that provide immediate support, advice and information to seriously injured clients and their families.
We pride ourselves on making a real difference and helping our clients restore as much as possible to their lives.
Responsibilities / Key result areas
- Setting up meetings
- Organising business travel and accommodation
- Arranging and handling of incoming/outgoing courier deliveries
- Managing company databases and inputting new client details and sending letters
- Monitoring incoming emails and action accordingly
- Managing stocks of stationery and ordering supplies
- Participating in any on-site health and safety audits and assessments
- Handling commercially sensitive/confidential information (via email, documents, files etc.)
- Complete all modules of the apprenticeship and the skills, knowledge and behavioural requirements to complete level 3 in business administration
Who is the employer? Where will I be working?
Irwin Mitchell – Personal Injury
The Advanced Business Administration Apprentice role is based at our office in London
Irwin Mitchell was founded in the 1912. Irwin Mitchell is unlike any other law firm. Nationally acclaimed, with a strong international capability, we offer a broad range of legal services to national and international organisations and institutions, small and medium-sized businesses and private individuals.
Training to be provided?
- Job-specific training through working alongside experienced staff will be provided.
- You will achieve the City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma for the Business Administrator upon successfully completion of the apprenticeship.
- Learning towards the End Point Assessment.
- Functional Skills (Literacy & Numeracy). Dependent on your prior attainment you may need to be assessed in literacy and numeracy which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Your academic and competency training will be through CILEx Law School. CILEx Law School provide effective and accessible training for a wide range of professional and vocational legal and business admin qualifications. Its emphasis is on quality, innovation, and flexibility in course delivery, coupled with excellence in customer service. CLS is wholly owned by the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, and has been delivering legal training for 30 years.
Legal services organisations are increasingly using CILEx Law School training to develop support staff into fee earning roles including through the new legal apprenticeships. For more information please visit our website – www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk